Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Garden Update

It's been a few weeks since I posted a garden update.  In many parts of the US gardeners are just getting seedling planted or transplanted into their beds.  Not Florida!  I'm currently harvesting quite a bit from the garden.  This weekend I brought made a few delicious meals with my harvest which I'll post at Mary's Kitchen.

My harvest included: Swiss Chard, Little Gem Lettuce, Hungarian Heart Tomatoes, Cherokee Purple Tomatoes, Pimiento Peppers, Black Beauty Eggplant, Dill and Fine Verde Basil.

Last weekend I transplanted Habenero Peppers, Amana's Orange Tomatoes, Cosmos, Marigolds, Purple Opal Basil, Cucumbers, Little Gem Lettuce and Extra Dwarf Pak Choy.  This is my current organized mess:
The west side of the garden
Baby Eggplant 2 weeks ago
Eggplant today!
Purple Opal Basil
Pimiento Peppers
1/2 Seedling table with Tomatoes
And there you have it!!!  I'm rushing a bit this morning so it's short and sweet.  I forgot to take pictures of my harvest this weekend so you'll have to use your imagination.  I am so excited to rely less and less on store-bought or farmer's market produce!

No comments: