Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer is Sizzling!


I am so excited summer is finally here, although it has felt like summer here in Florida since March!

Mary's Heirloom Seeds has provided me with an amazing assortment of seeds to plant this year.

I'll be experimenting and posting and fast as I can.

My garden has flourished in the heat but has required daily watering since south Florida has been in a drought. In May I transplanted my cucumber and it seemed like it doubled in size overnight.
My bell peppers and jalapeno peppers have been inching along and REALLY enjoy the heat.

I have only one complaint...cutworms on my tomatoes. I wish I knew when I started that they would devour all the beautiful green leaves on my Marglobe tomatoes... Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. The next planting is July and I'll have a "do's and don'ts" list.

No comments: